The first three are of Nattie when she performed at Provo Towne Center with her dance group. They really did a great job and are working hard learning more dances for their spring performance at the Covey Center for the Arts in Provo. Erica is now taking from the same girl, and they are both having a blast. Their teacher is amazing! She is in our ward and teaches for a really good deal. Most amazing to me is the fact that she just turned 14! The girls respond to her really well and end up giving great performances! Erica is going to have the chance to do a SOLO! I would have been terrified!!! I am very happy to have two beautiful, good girls!

She's on the right

Here are some of our Christmas pics. This is Christmas Eve in pj's from Grandma Lenna. They are so cute!

We had a surprise guest show up to our house just before Christmas. I got a phone call and didn't answer it because it wasn't even a real number. The caller id said something like 14368. When I get phone calls from out of state, they are most usually phone solicitors, and don't answer. If it is someone I know he/she will leave a message right? Well this "person" left a message something like this,
"I hope I have reached Miss Annalee. This is Ginger Snap with Santa's Helpers of America. One of our helpers is scheduled to make a delivery today from 3-5 P.M. We hope you will be home."
Well, I didn't know what to think. I let my husband listen to the message and his response was that he will be ready with his guns. I got on the Internet to search "Santa's Helpers of America" and "Ginger Snap" and all I got were not very nice photos of girls in Santa suits that barely covered their koochies! Now I was really worried!!! Just after 3:00 the phone rings again and the same number shows up so, I answer it. Here is how the conversation went:
Ginger: (in a very high and too sweet voice) "Hi, is this Miss Annalee?"
Miss Annalee: (hesitantly) "Yes."
Ginger:"This is Ginger Snap with Santa's Helpers of America. Did you get my message from earlier this morning?"
Miss Annalee: (again hesitantly) "Yes I did."
Ginger: (again with the syrupy voice) "Has our helper been by yet?"
Miss Annalee: "No, but it is just after 3:00 here."
Ginger: "Okay. Well, you can expect him to be there sometime before 5:00. Do you have any questions?"
Miss Annalee: "Just that I'm a bit surprised and don't know who is behind this."
Ginger: "We have your family on the "good list" this year and wanted to visit with you. Also, don't plan on dinner. That has been taken care of for you."
Miss Annalee: (Still hesitant)"Okay, we'll be waiting. Thanks."
And here are pictures of who showed up just before five:





Yep, the fat man himself! He even has a real beard! He had each of the kids sit on his lap, but he already knew what each of them wanted! He also brought us some pizza, cookie dough, and some money! It was a pretty good surprise!
We had a great Christmas season visiting with friends and family we haven't seen in a while. Every year though, I get depressed just after Christmas and it lasts through January. I think it is just coming off of the stress of "getting Christmas" and the sugar high. (I eat way too many sweets from Halloween through Christmas.) Then January is just too cold, snowy and dark!! With some of the warmer days we have been having lately, I'm starting to come out of it now. Am I the only one that goes through this, or are there some of you that experience this same type of depression? While I'm going through it, I always think I am the only one on the earth that is depressed and lazy. I guess that's how self pity works. The Adversary definitely wants us to feel that we are not worth anything. I hate that he can get to me like that!!! Oh well, I'm feeling great and you can just go bug someone else!!

5 comments:
Wow! What a fun surprise for Christmas. I bet your kids loved it! As for the winter time blues, I am sorry. I suffer from it too. I guess that is another reason why I moved down south. Got rid of those depressing blues because it is warm all the time. :) It is good to see you are back! I've missed seeing updates!
Analee, What a fun suprise at Christmas! I didn't know Santa came to see you!! No, you are not the only one who gets the winter blues!! I get it BAD!! Mike always hates this time of year too because he knows how depressing I am! This time of the year I always wonder why I live here?? I just told mike that he needs to always plan a nice warm trip for us every year somewhere with a beach! I think you should come too! I'm glad you updated your blog!
I loved reading that story. That is so cool about Santa showing up. A lot of people get depressed in the winter time. It is called SAD seasonal disfective disorder something like that. You should try tanning beds I have heard that helps sometimes. I am glad you updated your blog I need to do mine but I don't have anything to exciting to post.
Glad your back! I missed ya!
You guys are so lucky to have Santa come to your house!! I still have those videos of nat rats dance at the mall! I tried to get them to work on my blog but for somereason I have been having a hard time doing so! I will have to burn them on a cd for you so you can have them! She was sooo cute in that dance! I am glad Erica is doing it now to!! They are soo stinking cute! I am jelouse your kids are so cute!! Lets cross our fingers that mine and Tylers kid turns out half as cute as yours!! Love ya!
Post a Comment