Wednesday, August 20, 2008

If You Had Three Wishes...

What would you wish for? If you are like me, you might be wishing for unlimited cash, good health, and to be able to fit in my high school clothes again! Pretty complicated and nearly impossible to attain, right?

Well, on the 24th of July, we were at the carnival at Spanish Fork with my parents. We stopped to talk to some of my cousins, and Mom and my cousin Aaron started laughing. When I asked what they were laughing at, they looked at Natalie, and told me what she had just said.

Here is how it went: "If I had three wishes I would wish for a hundred bucks, a laptop, and that mosquitoes were never 'invented'!"

Only two days before that, the three older kids had slept outside on the trampoline, and didn't put on any insect repellent. So...they were eaten up pretty badly. A couple of weeks later they slept out again, and I DRENCHED them in repellent, and it acted like an attractant instead! They each had over twenty bites on their faces and hands.


Here's what Natty looked like a few days after the last episode. The bites are not as noticeable, but her eye is still swollen, and her left hand is swollen.

So, that's why little Natalie wishes that mosquitoes were never "invented". The hundred bucks and laptop are reasonably easy to grant, but the mosquitoes...she'll have to talk to God about that one!

10 comments:

a.men said...

Nattie is so funny! She cracks me up!

Richins Family said...

That is too funny. Kids say the funniest things. You should write down what she says so you can look back at it when she is older. :)

Richins Family said...

How do you get your blog list on your blog? I like how it says when people last posted.

Unknown said...

I just love how funny nattie is!! She makes me laugh so much!!! She has to cutest personality! I love how she just loves everyone! You are so lucky to have such loving kids!

Alice Vorwaller said...

I remember her saying that. Don't you remember growing up in Palmyra we always had a million mosquito bites.

Amber Maye said...

that just made me laugh so hard! she has got such a fun personality! kids say the darndest things! i remember when i was little saying my prayers and asking for no more mesquitos's! really.. all they are is a pain in my butt! hey i was going to tell you, you may have figured it out by now, i went private and i need your email address so i can send you an invite. I've just had too many people looking at our blog that i really don't want looking at our blog. so i decided to go private. i just want people who i really care to see our family see it. (kind of confusing) so heres my email and so u can send me your email. thanks analee!

Amber Maye said...

and i forgot my email:
ambermaye@sfcn.org

The Gulls said...

oh poor girl. I hate those bugs!

The Heaton's said...

Hey Annalee! I found your blog off of Alices's! I was so good to see you at the carnival!! Your kids are adorable! I love the blogging world!! It's so nice to see what everyone has been up to!! I hope you don't mind if I drop in from time to time and check out your posts?!! Hope all is well!!
Analice

Jon said...

Andres.... I just wanted to leave a comment for you and say "hi"! I saw your mom and Gisela at my dad's funeral a couple of weeks ago.

I haven't seen you in probably ten years, but I asked your mom what you were up to and how you were doing. She was so proud and told me about your career and how your life is going.

I just happened to run across this blog and wanted to drop a note and I'm glad to see life is going so well for you and your family.

-Jon Mohlman