
Daniel's 12 pounder--He caught this one while I was at Alberson's getting "phosphorus" chicken as Tyler calls it.

Daniel's 13 pounder-The picture is hazy because I took the picture (all the pictures) with my cell phone and was facing the sun. When he caught this fish, Andres had gone to the bathroom, I was feeding KH, and the older kids were looking out for JT. Daniel picked up the rod because the line went slack, and soon he saw that he had a big one. He looked over to me for help, and I was a bit unable to help. I stood up with KH still latched on and turned around to see Andres coming back. So, I yelled that Daniel had another one, and he started to trot over. He wasn't running fast enough for Daniel, and he yelled, "run like your chasing someone!"

Daniel's 10 pounder
We have been pretty successful fishermen this year. Well, I should say that DS has been the successful one! About a month ago we went to Utah lake to try our luck at catfishing, and Daniel is the one that came through. He caught two; one 12 pounds and the other was 13 pounds! He and Andres went yesterday and Andres caught a teensy weency one that he threw back and Daniel caught a 10 pounder!!
We have been having fun trying different catfish recipes. The first time while Andres was cleaning the fish, a black guy was there cleaning his too and told him to first soak the fillets in water with a couple teaspoons of baking soda for 30 minutes to an hour to get rid of the mud taste. (yuck) Then just cut it up into bite-size pieces and coat it with cornmeal and fry it up. We added salt and it was delicious! Then I found a Chinese recipe and that was excellent, but the after-smell was not good at all. The recipe calls for five-spice powder, which is great tasting, but the smell of it lingered for another day! (yuck) Yesterday I found another recipe for frying and it also had cornmeal in it, but added flour, cayenne pepper, salt, and garlic powder. This was so good that even the girls ate it up! I'm excited for our next fishing outing and trying new fish recipes!
I don't know what it is, but fish has some kind of chemical in it that helps to make you happy! Last night after dinner, we were all singing and dancing and being goofy. The kids had never seen us act like that and thought we were nuts! DS and ER are getting to the age where they think that we are pretty dumb anyway.
So, if you don't know what to do this summer...GO FISHING!!!
2 comments:
Congrats Daniel! It looks like you had fun.
Cory calls it "phorphorus" chicken, too!
Daniel I you might just be the best fisher men! Cuz not only can you catch big fish but you photograph it so you have proof!!! I think you might need to teach uncle Tyler a thing or two about fishing!! looks like you guys had fun!
Love ya lots
Tyler & Amanda
Post a Comment