So it's true, I am living MY dream.
When I was 13 years old, sitting in a Young Woman's class half listening to what the teacher was saying, I was overwhelmed by the Holy Ghost. I started to pay attention. The lesson was about Motherhood, and the teacher was telling us about her experiences as a mother, how her mother taught her, and how she hopes each of us have the chance to me a mom. There were scripture references, and quotes from our Church leaders that I cannot remember, but I will NEVER forget what the Spirit was witnessing to me. I knew then and there that no matter what else I wanted to be when I "grew up" I was going to be a mother!
I also realized that what MY dream is, may not be the same dream that YOUR dream is. But whatever it is, go for it! After realising this, my life has been so much more enjoyable! It is so easy to complain and wish for something else. Not only am I a mom, but I'm a stay-at-homeschooling mom! Talk about things to complain about! example: I never get a break from the kids, my house is ALWAYS cluttered with kid stuff, I have to teach three kids while my two babies are crying, pooping, falling down, etc.... Now look at it differently: I get to enjoy my children all day every day, I am teaching my kids real life skills (cooking, cleaning, sewing, balancing a checkbook, yard care, vehicle maintenance, etc.), I get to use the distractions of the babies as teaching opportunities (did I yell at the 18 mo. old for spilling the box of Cheerios all over the floor, or did I laugh and lovingly have him "help" me sweep them up?). I see my teaching coming out, not when I see they pass a test successfuly, but when I see how they treat each other and others.
Live YOUR dream!
No comments:
Post a Comment